Genesis 35:19-20, “And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem. And Jacob set a pillar upon her grave: that is the pillar of Rachel's grave unto this day.”
I often think about the pain of soul Jacob felt. His own uncle Laban tricked him into marrying both of his daughters, when he only wanted Rachel. Laban cheated him at least ten times, lowering his wages. Then while giving birth to his second child by Rachel, Benjamin, she died in labor. And as if that weren't bad enough, then he receives word that Jacob, his firstborn by Rachel, was brutally killed by a savage beast. Jacob cast dust upon himself.
I once heard Pastor Jack Hyles (1926-2001) say in a sermon that, “Life is a veil of tears.” I've been watching 'The Hulk' Marvel Comic series made for TV from 1977 to 1982. I became curious if Bill Bixby was still alive, so I went to check. For decades now, one of my hobbies is reading the biographies of famous people. I enjoy learning what they believe, and the events of their life, much like reading from the Old Testament, which according to Romans 15:4 was “written for our learning.”
Bill Bixby (1934-1993) was known as a kind and loving man, and a Christian, thankfully. In 1967 Brenda Benet (1945-1982) married her first husband. Just two years later in 1969 she divorced her husband and started dating Bill Bixby. They married in 1971. They had one child together in 1974, Christopher Sean. In September of 1979, after 8 years of marriage, Bixby and Benet divorced. Life is truly a veil of tears.
Benet became a lesbian and at age 33 had a sexual relationship with a 17 year old girl, Tammy Bruce, who is a well known LGBTQ+ celebrity and political figure today. One year later while on a skiing vacation, Christopher died at age 6 of a throat infection in March of 1981. Benet went into a deep depression and commit suicide in 1982, shooting herself in the head with a hand gun in Los Angeles. Life is truly a veil of tears.
In 1990, Bill Bixby married his second wife, Laura Michaels, but when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer shortly thereafter, she divorced him in 1991. Mr. Bixby married his third and final wife Judith Kiliban in October of 1993, but he died just one month later on November 21, 1993. Bill Bixby was only 59 years old, my age. Life is truly a veil of tears.
My heart goes out to Bill Bixby, Brenda Benet, Christopher and Judith Kiliban. I don't know why Laura abandoned her husband during his darkest hours of life. It is not my place to judge anyone. I am the biggest sinner that I know. Life is so short and full of pain, loss and tears.
Life is truly a veil of tears. The important thing is to make sure that you've been born again, so that you are prepared to meet God in the afterlife.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.