- Jews (a specific people)
- Old Testament (a specific time)
- Palestine (a specific place)
Boy, I love those helpful passages of Scripture! If all of the incompetent pastors and preachers today, would simply study these passages of the Bible, they would realize that telling someone to “repent of their sin” or “turn away from your sinful ways” dRomans 3:19-20, “Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”Galatians 3:24-26, “Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”
- “You shall have no other gods before me” (Exodus 20:3).
- “You shall not make for yourself an idol. You shall not bow down to them or worship them” (Exodus 20:4-6).
- “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God” (Exodus 20:7).
- “Observe the Sabbath Day by keeping it holy” (Exodus 20:8-11).
- “Honor your father and your mother” (Exodus 20:12).
- “You shall not murder” (Exodus 20:13).
- “You shall not commit adultery” (Exodus 20:14).
- 8th “You shall not steal” (Exodus 20:15).
- “You shall not give false testimony” (Exodus 20:16).
- “You shall not covet” (Exodus 20:17).
Romans 3:19-20, “Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”
Hebrews 10:1, “For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.”
1st Peter 2:7-8, “Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.”
“True repentance is actually striving to live in a new way, in a consecrated way, that we would be striving to change our behavior, change our actions, change our motives, and that we would pray that God would help us to do so.” ~Dr. Burk Parsons
“Let us beware of any repentance, falsely so called, which is not of this character. Action is the very life of 'repentance unto salvation.' Feelings, and tears, and remorse, and wishes, and resolutions, are all useless, until they are accompanied by action and a change of life. In fact they are worse than useless. Insensibly they sear the conscience and harden the heart.” —Pastor J.C. Ryle (1816-1900)