Matthew 7:21-23, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
As I frequently do, I went to Duck Duck Go today and searched for the phrase: “Everybody goes to Heaven.” I was curious what results would return, since nearly everybody thinks everyone automatically goes to Heaven. At nearly every funeral you'll hear the big lie told: “____ (name) is in a better place now.” What saith the Scripture? Revelation 20:15, “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” If you believe the Holy Bible, then you must concede that not everyone goes to a better place in the afterlife. Psalms 9:17, “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” Again, not everyone goes to a better place when they die.
Having said that, the very first result that came back today when I searched for the phrase: “Everybody goes to Heaven,” was Billy Graham's ministry website. The webpage that came up answers the question: 'Does everyone go to Heaven?' Toward the bottom you'll see a button to click on that reads, “Pray now,” which if you click on takes you to Billy Graham's counterfeit plan of salvation, which cannot produce the new birth. Here is an excerpt from Billy's webpage that show how wrong he is about the Gospel. I will add my own emphasis in bold black font. ...
Step 4 – Our Response: Receive Christ
We must trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and receive Him by personal invitation.
The Bible says:
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with Me."
"But to all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God."
"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
Will you receive Jesus Christ right now?
Here is how you can receive Christ:
We suggest a prayer like this one:
- Admit your need. (I am a sinner.)
- Be willing to turn from your sins (repent) and ask for God's forgiveness.
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.
- Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit. (Receive Jesus as Lord and Savior)"Dear God, I know I am a sinner. I want to turn from my sins, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ is Your Son. I believe He died for my sins and that You raised Him to life. I want Him to come into my heart and to take control of my life. I want to trust Jesus as my Savior and follow Him as my Lord from this day forward. In Jesus' Name, amen."
I have embolden every word and phrase that is unbiblical. I will expose Billy Graham's heresy:
- Nowhere does the Bible require to receive Jesus as one's “Lord” to have eternal life. Certainly when we received Jesus as our Savior (trusting Him to save us), we received the Lord Jesus Christ. However, what today's corrupt neo-evangelical preachers mean by “Lord” is that you must surrender control of your life over to God, to serve Jesus and follow Him from now on. This is Lordship Salvation, not grace.
- Nowhere does the Bible teach to be willing to “be willing to turn from your sin” to be saved. This is NOT repentance to be saved. Bible repentance is a change of mind, period. Since the Greek word metanoia doesn't indicate what we are supposed to change our mind about, we need supplemental information from the Scripture. Acts 20:21 speaks of “repentance toward God.” 2nd Timothy 2:25 speaks of “repentance to the acknowledging of the truth.” Hebrews 6:1 speaks of “repentance from dead works.” But you will never find anything in the Scripture about repentance “of your sins” or “turning from your sin.” Ungodly religious men ADDED those words to the inspired Word of God (Proverbs 30:5-6). The only change of mind required regarding sin to be saved is the admission that you are a guilty sinner in God's sight (Romans 3:19-20).
Furthermore, to tell someone that they must “be willing to turn from sin” is effectively the same as requiring them to forsake a lifestyle of sin. If I tell you that you can borrow my car, but only if you're willing to top off the gas tank when you return it, I have clearly implied that I expect you to fill the gas tank. Likewise, to require a lost sinner to “be willing to turn from sin” is no different than telling someone that they must do WORKS to be saved. Jonah 3:10 says that God saw the Ninevite's WORKS, that they turned from their evil way. They didn't get saved, they repented of their sins and God spared them from imminent national destruction. A century later God sent the prophet Nahum to pronounce judgment upon Assyria, because they went back into wickedness.
- Nowhere does the Bible require a lost sinner to “ask” God to be saved. God is already freely offering everyone the gift of forgiveness of sins and eternal life. All you need to do is take it by faith.
- Nowhere does the Bible teach us to “pray” to be saved. John 3:16, 6:28-29, 47; 11:25-26 simply tell us to BELIEVE ON JESUS to be saved. You may pray and never be saved at all. Albeit, it is okay to pray from a believing heart, just so long as you understand that prayer is NOT necessary to be born again. Anybody who insists that you cannot be saved unless you pray is lying to you.
- Nowhere does the Bible require a lost sinner to “invite” Jesus to come in and “control your life.” These are lies added to God's simple plan of salvation, which obscure and confuse the Gospel, hindering sinners from being saved.
The plan of salvation which Billy Graham (1918-2018) and his followers still teach today, does not match up with the plan of salvation which Jesus taught. John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Whereas Jesus taught that BELIEVING ON HIM is enough to be saved, Billy Graham and his followers errantly add the unbiblical requirements that you must be surrender to Christ as the “Lord” of your life, be willing to stop sinning, and invite Him to come in and take control of your life from now on. These are all WORKS!!! The true Gospel always points you to CHRIST; a false gospel always points to YOU.
“Jesus does not forgive sin! Jesus paid for the price of sin with His death, burial, and resurrection. Jesus does not forgive sin for He paid for sin Himself. He forgives sinners by paying for their sins!” —Pastor Bob Gray Sr.
Salvation is not a reward for the righteous, it is a gift for the guilty! Salvation is not doing your best, it is having Christ's best put to your account through receiving Him by faith. Turning away from sinful ways would be a work. Faith puts all of the merit where it belongs, on the object of our faith, Jesus and His work.
“It is 'Good News' if no one must have good works before salvation, or after salvation. For salvation to truly be by grace, it must not have any stipulations of any kind at any time. Works before, during or after; works cannot be evidence of my salvation.” —Pastor Ralph Yankee Arnold, “Does Calvinism Change The Gospel?”
If to “repent” means to forsake our sinful ways TO BE SAVED, but Jesus already paid for our sins by dying on the cross, then what are we repenting from?
It is sad that Billy Graham in all likelihood died in his sins and went to Hell in 2018. Like it or not, Billy's plan of salvation doesn't align with God's simple plan of salvation in the Bible. Galatians 1:6-7 warns that there is ONLY ONE Gospel. Either you have to be willing to give up your sinning, or you don't, to get to Heaven, but it cannot be both ways. Either you just have to receive Jesus' sacrifice on the cross as payment for your sins, believing that He was buried but bodily resurrected from the dead three days later, to be saved; or else that is not enough, and you must also receive Jesus as “Lord” of your life, to follow Him in obedience, and surrender to allow Christ to control your life, but these cannot both be accurate. One plan of salvation may be wrong, or both may be wrong, but both absolutely cannot be right.
You dear reader must choose between Billy Graham's perverse plan of salvation, versus the simple plan of Salvation set forth in the inspired King James Bible. The Bible teaches in Hebrews 4:10-11 that just as God ceased from His WORKS on the seventh day, so also must we cease from our own self-righteous acts of turning from sin and doing good works, and REST solely in the finished redemptive work of Jesus Christ through Calvary's cross. Amen and amen.
We are saved by simply trusting in what Jesus did through the cross to pay our sin debt, trusting in Jesus' precious name. Jesus shed His precious blood on the cross (1st Peter 1:18-19), ascended into Heaven after He raised up (Romans 8:34), and sprinkled that literal liquid blood on the Mercy Seat in Heaven in the presence of God the Father on our behalf (Hebrews 4:14-16; 9:12, 22-24; 12:24), once and for all making payment for everyone's sins. Anybody who by faith receives Christ's sacrifice on the cross as payment for their sins, believing that Jesus was buried but then miraculously resurrected three days later physically from the dead, is saved. Nothing more is required. If saved, always saved. Once saved, always saved.
There is no argument that Billy Graham did much good throughout his earthly ministry, but he also did woeful harm and damage to the cause of Jesus Christ. Dr. Graham more than anyone built a bridge between Christendom and the accursed Roman Catholic prisonhouse of religion, blurring the lines between true biblical faith and the damnable Sacramental Salvation of the Catholic cult. Whereas 2nd Corinthians 6:14-17 commands genuine born again Christian believers to separate from unbelievers, Billy Graham did the exact opposite by hobnobbing with unsaved religiosities as a traitor Graham was a modern-day Balaam (a prophet for hire).
Dear friend, if you are not 100% certain of God's free gift of eternal life, then I hope you will allow Pastor Ralph Yankee Arnold to have just 4 minutes of your time to explain how to go to Heaven. You may never get another chance to be saved. ...
A Clear Gospel In Just 4 Minutes
(Pastor Ralph Yankee Arnold)
(Pastor Ralph Yankee Arnold)